GLBTQ Online High School
NEW 2011 SPRING TUITION PLAN
GLBTQ Online High School is the world’s first online high school specifically for glbtq youth. This private, non-profit school opened in 2010 and serves youth nationwide. Its mission is to provide a safe and welcoming educational community that provides a high quality, comprehensive college-preparatory online high school experience for students who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or questioning their sexual identity or gender using the best technology and techniques of distance education. The school’s vision is to:
• to provide a safe, high quality, alternative to traditional high schools.
• to enhance its educational program with community outreach, parent support, social opportunities and a variety of online clubs and interest groups.
• to be global in reach with an American-style college preparatory curriculum.
• to utilize new and ever-changing technologies to enhance and improve the learning and support experience for all students.
• to address a wide range of student needs through a variety of support services and social opportunities.
• to provide a variety of scholarship opportunities.
• to exist as a private, tuition-based school is a non-profit organization that supports and works with many other organizations in the GLBT community.
Since it was founded in 1998, Equality California has strategically moved California from a state with extremely limited legal protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) individuals to a state with some of the most comprehensive civil rights protections in the nation.